A short history of the Ranch
Originally home to the Ute Indians, Waunita Hot Springs was homesteaded in the late 1880's. At the turn of the century, Waunita Hot Springs had become famous for the hot springs. For a while it was owned and operated by Dr. Charles Davis from Chicago who brought his patients out to spend the summers and bathe in the healing waters.
However, during the depression of the 1930s, Waunita Hot Springs changed hands a number of times due to owners falling on hard times. During the 1950's Waunita was host to the Monarch Baseball Camp.
The Pringle family purchased the property in 1962, driving out from Texas in a 1961 Jeep and a station wagon, eventually turning it into a family destination—a guest ranch for more than 45 years.