Waunita Hot Springs Ranch provides a great, central location with easy access to a wide range of activities and opportunities to enjoy. From summer fun to fall colors, you’ll find Waunita is the right place for you, your family and friends.
Whether it’s just for a few days or longer, we can help you plan as much (or as little) activity as you want. As part of your vacation or planning, let us know what you’d like to do and we can work with you on a number of activities for the time of year you want to visit, including:
- Horseback trail riding: Horseback riding is available from a number of local outfitters. Let us know and we’d be glad to help you get connected with one of them.
- Mountain bike trail riding Mountain bikers can bring their own bike to explore the trails around the Gunnison National Forest.
- RAZR excursions: We encourage guests to bring their own ATV’s to ride the hundreds of miles of forest roads that they can access just beyond our gate. RAZRs can also be rented locally from Silver Plume Rentals.
- Rafting: We can help get you set up for a whitewater raft trip on the Taylor River for those ready to race the rapids. For those who want something a little more leisurely, there’s a float trip on the Gunnison River.
- Trips to “town”: Being a short drive from both Gunnison and Crested Butte, there’s no shortage of shopping, sights, and activities. Consider a visit to the Gunnison Pioneer Museum or you might even want to check out the Black Canyon.
- Fishing: Within a one hour radius you can fish the largest reservoir in Colorado (Blue Mesa), or a number of smaller lakes, reservoirs and rivers for Rainbows, Browns, even Kokani Salmon & Perch. This will require a Colorado fishing license, but we can help you secure that as well. We do recommend you bring your own tackle. Learn more about fishing in the area.
- Massage: We are able to schedule a visit from our local massage therapist for those guests who might need to have any kinks worked out after a long day of playing or for whatever else that might ail them. The rates are comparable and well worth it.
- Recreation and relaxation: Many other activites at the ranch include hiking, biking, rockhunting, ping-pong, horseshoes, games, puzzles, billiards or you may choose to read a book. And there is always relaxing at the pool or the front porch.
- Ranch animals: Ranch animals include dogs, cats, ducks and sometimes goats, lambs, chickens or rabbits. Most enjoy occasional petting, scratching or feeding.) Learn more about activities for children at Waunita.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about any of the activities above or if you have questions about any others.